An exciting opportunity has come up for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for communications to join the team at the World Coal Association(WCA). We are searching for a highly motivated Communications Officer with a creative eye to help us deliver engaging communications as part of a small, dynamic team. We are looking to recruit the Officer to support us on multiple projects and help deliver innovative and effective communications solutions to our internal and external audiences, online and offline.
The Communications Officer post is a key role within WCA’s small communications team. You will need to be proactive and will assist us in the planning and implementation of our communications and digital media projects. You will be expected to follow briefs to create printed and online materials; update websites and contribute to social media projects; as well as draft, edit and proof-read copy for publications and carry out some general administrative duties.
As a member of a small team, the Communications Officer will be expected to assist with other tasks from time to time.
Role and responsibilities
- Update web pages, develop content plans and support content creation across all platforms, including web and social media
- Produce and share monthly evaluation reports on web analytics and social media performance and ensure this insight is used to improve WCA’s digital outputs and engagement
- Work with the WCA policy team on the production of publications, including major research reports. This involves liaising with researchers, designers and printers
- Work to oversee use of WCA’s brand across all channels and associated programmes
- Provide support for events planning
- Act as main contact for webinars within the team
- Update and maintain distribution lists
The Communications Oficer must be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and skills.
- Educated to a degree level
- At least 2 years of experience
- Experience of using content management systems and updating web content
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Interest in communication and marketing practices, including design
- Proven knowledge and experience in the use of social media as part of professional communications and marketing activity
- Ability to work accurately at all times with excellent attention to detail, especially in highly-pressurised situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to cooperate, communicate and work effectively in a team and alongside other colleagues
- Ability to interpret creative briefs and turn concepts into solutions
- Microsoft Office skills to an advanced level, particularly Word and Excel
- Strong project management skills
- Full-time, permanent position
- Base salary of £27,000 - £32,000 with annual performance reviews
- Reporting to Media & Communications Manager
- 25 days annual leave plus additional office closure days at Christmas
- Up to 7.5% pension co-contribution
- Support for personal development
- WCA is committed to flexible working for all its staff
Deadline for applications
Monday 10th September 2018. All applications should be received by 5pm BST.
How to Apply
Send a CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
About the WCA
The WCA works worldwide on behalf of the coal industry, raising awareness of the role of coal to a range of international audiences, focusing on energy, sustainability and environmental issues, including climate change. Established in 1985, the WCA is widely acknowledged internationally as the most credible global voice of coal.